**Please note these camps and academies are all now full and registration is closed**
Get out and have some fun whilst practicing your rugby skills with our Spring Minis Camps and Youth Academies run by the best Pro players and coaches in Hong Kong from Societe General Valley RFC! These are open to ALL current Valley Fort players.
Registration for Valley Fort Members is open NOW via the App or by clicking here.
***Scroll down for more details on the programme, registration and FAQ’s**
All current Valley Fort players are welcome to join these camps. Unfortunately, due to current COVID-19 restrictions, we cannot open up the camps to non Valley Fort players.
VALLEY FORT PLAYER REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
The simplest way for Valley Fort players to register for the camp / academy is using the Valley Fort App on your mobile device as you do not need to fill in your / your children’s personal details again. To do this, open the App > Registration > Specials > Select > Register (against the appropriate player and camp).
You can choose to register for a 2 day package (the March dates or the April dates) or all 4 days.
***FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS***
What is the focus of these camps?
The camps are age appropriate and delivered by qualified and experienced coaches and will cover:
- Body movement (Minis), Speed and agility fundamentals (Youth)
- Hand-eye coordination exercises (All Ages)
- Fun team games (Minis), Rugby specific games (Academy)
- Specialised rugby skills execution (Minis / Academy)
- Exploring diverse rugby cultures and themes (Academy)
Will there be contact rugby played?
There will be contact rugby played for the appropriate age groups (i.e. U9 and above) in accordance to current HKRU COVID–19 guidelines and social distancing measures which are outlined here.
Does my child need prior rugby playing experience or can I be new to the sport?
No. We welcome and encourage all abilities. Unfortunately, however, due to the current COVID–19 environment we are only able to offer these camps to Valley Fort members.
Who are the coaches?
There are a range of IRB Level 1 2 & 3 coaches, Valley Premiership Teams players, Hong Kong international rugby players, and SCRC-checked coaches administering the course (across all age groups). At least 1 coach will be first aid trained, although most coaches received first-aid training recently. Below are key coaches:
- Harry Sayers – HK 15’s International Wing, HK 7’s, Valley Prems, World Rugby Level 2 Coaching, World Rugby Level 1 Strength and Conditioning, SCRC-checked
- Siya Alam – Former South Africa Provincial 15’s and 7’s, Valley Prems, World Rugby Level 2 Coaching (in progress), First Aid Level 1 Certified.
- Scott Davidson – Centurion Player New Brighton Premiers (NZ), PE Teacher and Head of Rugby Academy KGV, Valley Prems, World Rugby Level 3 Coaching (in progress), Valley Knights Head Coach
Are there boys and girls groups for all age groups and do they play together?
For Minis, yes. For Academy, no.
We would prefer that children remain in their appropriate age groups however if you have a specific request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does my child need to wear?
Valley Fort players are encouraged to wear Valley Fort kit however any sportswear is appropriate. Rugby boots are advantageous but not necessary, however it is strongly recommended for both the Youth and Academy age groups.
Does my child need to wear a mask?
We encourage mask-wearing on your travel to camp, particularly if using public transport, but players will not be wearing masks while actively participating.
Does my child need an adult to stay with them?
No, however for Minis, in the event your child needs specific toilet assistance, it would be beneficial.
What does my child need to bring with them?
- Water Bottle
- Snacks (no nuts please!)
- Personal Items (e.g inhaler)
- Hand Sanitiser (although we will have plenty available!)
Where is the pitch?
The camp will be at our home pitch at Happy Valley Recreation Ground – Pitch 6. Click here for directions.
What COVID-19 precautions is Valley Fort taking?
Valley Fort maintain compliance with HKRU, World Rugby and Hong Kong Government guidelines and are outlined here.
In addition, and for clarity, current social distancing rules dictate the following:
- Players On Pitch – Maximum of 33 on pitch OR groups of 4, 1.5 m apart. Masks do not need to be worn whilst actively participating.
- Coaches On Pitch – Ensure players are adhering to rules and a mask must be worn.
- Spectators Off Pitch – Must remain BEHIND the barriers, groups of 4 or 1.5 m apart, wear a mask.
If COVID-19 restrictions change and impact the ability of the camps or academies to go ahead, will I be refunded?
Yes, we will refund you if the summer camps can no longer go ahead due to public safety in light of COVID-19. We will do our best to notify you in the event of cancellations as soon as practically possible.
What weather conditions will affect the camp?
The camps will always be on unless a:
- Typhoon signal 3 or above is hoisted
- Red or black rain storm warning is in effect
- Thunderstorm warning is in effect
Will there be refunds for weather?
We offer proportional refunds for advanced cancellations only.
Will there be medical assistance available?
At least 1 coach will be first aid trained at each camp, although most coaches received first-aid training recently.
Who can I contact in an emergency?
Emergency Contact – Scott Davidson (+852 5506 5221)
What happens in an emergency?
In case a child, having an emergency or injury,we will call the 999 Hotline or the Fire Services Communication Centre at 2735 3355 for emergency ambulance service.
We will make contact immediately with the emergency contact / parents registered if that are not on site at the camp.