VALLEY FORT RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB (Company No. 0446812), with registered office at Room 801-2, 8/F, 224 – 228 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong (referred to hereinafter as “we” or the “Club”) are committed to complying with the mandatory data protection laws of any applicable jurisdiction in relation to the collection, retention, processing, use, transfer and/or storage of your personal data.
Kinds of Personal Data to be Collected and/or Held
“Personal data” refers to any data which directly or indirectly identifies you as an individual, or is capable of doing so. We collect and use personal data that we believe is necessary to conduct our business with you. The types of personal data we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and fax number;
- Unique identifiers such as your HKID and passport number;
- Billing information such as your credit card number, bank account information, and billing address;
- Demographic information such as age, gender, nationality, date of birth, weight, height, preferences, marital status, car licence plate number, family and education background, and employment history;
- Membership information and activity records;
- Demographic information or identifier that are held in a cookie or processor serial number that is combined with other personal information; and
- Any of the above information in relation to your parents and/or child.
Collection of your personal data
The Club collects your personal data when you apply for membership at the Club (including via our Valley Fort registration platform). If the applicant is under the age of 18, the application should be made by the parent or legal guardian and the parent or legal guardian must give the relevant consent in providing the personal data to us. The Valley Rugby Football Club Limited also shares personal data of their members with us.
The Club also receives personal data from its partner associations, including but not limited to (i) the Hong Kong Hockey Association; (ii) the Hong Kong Netball Association; and (iii) the Hong Kong Rugby Union (the “Partner Associations”). We may also collect your personal data from coaches and administrators who has direct contact with you while you participate in the Club’s activities.
In order for us to properly process your membership application or provide you with our facilities / services, you must provide the personal data requested. Please note that if you do not provide us with the personal data requested, we may not be able to process your application(s) or to provide facilities and services to you.
Purposes for which we collect your personal data
Your personal data is collected for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- carrying out the Club’s operations and provision of facilities, services and merchandises;
- conducting checks regarding eligibility for using the facilities and services applied for;
- processing application, administration, continuation and termination of your membership at the Club, and any other relevant matters;
- processing billing and payment, determining amounts outstanding, and, if necessary, collection of outstanding payments;
- offering, providing and marketing to you the facilities, services and/or merchandises offered by the Club, or of any of our sponsors, subsidiaries, affiliates, related or group entities (see “Use and provision of personal data in direct marketing” below), and administering, maintaining, managing and operating such facilities/services;
- communicating with you via telephone, mail, e-mail, facsimile or any other means of communication;
- conducting market research for statistical or other purposes and designing facilities, services and/or merchandises for members;
- providing you with alerts, updates, materials or information about our facilities, services and/or merchandises or other types of information that you requested or signed up to;
- making disclosure as required by any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- complying with the laws of any applicable jurisdiction and with any internal policies of the Club;
- carrying out other services in connection with the operation of the Club’s business; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Disclosure and transfer of your personal data
Personal data will be kept confidential but may, where disclosure is necessary to satisfy any of the Purposes set out above, be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong) (“Transferees”):
- any member of our group or any of our related entities, including but not limited to the Valley Rugby Football Club Limited;
- our Partner Associations;
- the relevant governing bodies of sports which regulates the sporting activities offered by the Club;
- any agent, business partner, adviser, auditor, contractor, financial institution, and third party service provider who provides administrative, data processing, data storage, communications, computer, payment, system infrastructure and operation, website administration, or any other service which assist us to carry out the Purposes;
- our legal and professional advisors;
- government or regulatory bodies or any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside of Hong Kong; or
- actual or proposed transferees of our operations (or a substantial part thereof) in or outside of Hong Kong.
In connection with any of the Purposes set out above, your personal data may be transferred to Transferees who may be located in or outside of Hong Kong where there may or may not be in place data protection laws which are substantially similar to, or serve the same purposes as, any mandatory data privacy laws of Hong Kong.
Access and correction of personal data
You have the right to ascertain whether the Club holds your personal data, to obtain a copy of the data, and to correct any data that is inaccurate. You may also request the Club to inform you of the type of personal data held by it.
Requests for access and correction of personal data or for information regarding the Club’s policies and practices relating to personal data should be addressed in writing to:
The Data Protection Officer
Valley Fort Rugby Football Club Limited
Room 801-2, 8/F, 224 – 228 Des Voeux Road Central
Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong
A reasonable fee may be charged to offset the Club’s administrative and actual costs incurred in complying with your data access request.
Use and provision of personal data in direct marketing
In addition to the Purposes set out above, the Club intends to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including sending you promotional materials and conducting direct marketing in relation to the following facilities, services and subjects:
- the Club’s facilities, services, merchandises and membership programmes;
- the products, services, promotions and offerings from any of the Club’s sponsors (a current list of the Club’s sponsors can be found at https://valleyfort.com/sponsors/ and any other commercial affiliates; and
- any charitable/non-profitable causes.
The types of personal data to be used for the above direct marketing purposes will include your name, address, contact details and any demographic and membership information.
Before using your personal data for direct marketing, the Club must obtain your written consent, and only after having obtained such written consent, the Club will use your personal data for any promotional or marketing purpose. You may in the future withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes and thereafter the Club shall cease to use such data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, please inform us in writing to the address set out above under “Access and correction of personal data”. Any such request should clearly state details of the personal data in respect of which the request is being made. The Club shall, without charge to you, ensure that you are not included in future direct marketing activities.
Media release consent
The club may use photograph/video/sound recording of my child(ren) or myself/ourselves in print and electronic media, including publications, promotional materials, publicity, news release, educational materials and the club’s (and Hong Kong Rugby Union) official social media avenues. By accepting this PICS consent, the Club and its employees are discharged from any and all claims arising out of the use of these materials.